I don’t know about you, but lately, I have been feeling like a chicken with my head cut off. I’m so busy. And with this busyness, I feel like I’m living life on autopilot, disconnected…always in my head and not in the moment. I’m missing out on the juiciness of my experiences because my to do list cycles through my brain over and over. And I’m about done with that.
So here’s some changes I’m gonna make to feel more connected, more present, and more alive in the sweet moments of my life instead of being stuck in auto-pilot gear in the brain zone. Please join me.
9 WAYS TO UNPLUG AND FEEL ALIVE IN THE MOMENT
1. I’m putting a a strict amount of online time I’m able to use on my phone, like limits for kids but for myself. It’s so easy to waste time here. So I’m creating some restrictions for myself. There are settings in your phone for time limits to do this..join me! I want to be in the moment, not cyberspace.
2. Schedule weekly creative time. I love re-purposing and painting furniture. It’s creative and in the moment and it’s the first thing I toss out the window when life gets busy. But no more. It is a scheduled event I must work around. Paint, write, sing, dance, do your hair, whatever. Just get those creative, alive juices flowing.
3. Slow down and read a book. I can’t even remember the last time I did this. When my son does his school reading, I am joining him on the couch and doing it too.
4. Just stop in the moment, at your son’s hockey game or playing outside with the kids or cooking supper and drop into your body and really feel the sensations of what you are doing. Really soak it in, be present. Feel the sensations of your body. Inhale it into your bones. This is feeling spirit in form.
5. Gratitude journal. Straight up this helps my life every time I do it, and yet I don’t do it consistently. It’s time for a gratitude commitment to really help me see all the good in my life and to savour in those lovely moments.
6. Set the mood and intention to slow down. Light some candles, infuse some oils, build a cozy fire, play some music. Turn down the lights and let your cozy space hug you like a warm, fuzzy, blanket. Relax into the cozy. Hygge it up.
7. Meditate. Truthfully, I sometimes hate when people tell you to do this, and here I am telling you to do this. I personally can’t sit and just be blank. I need an App and a guide. There are many meditation apps out there. I personally use Insight Timer and love it and its’ free! I meditate before bed. There are settings like 5 mins, 10 mins etc and different topics. It really, really does calm the nervous system into relaxation and this is a must, must, must for health and well-being. Slowing down is key.
8. Dance. Any way, any shape, any form. For five minutes, just move your body and try and open it up. Expand your arm, and feet and legs and think of releasing and opening tensions. Twist and turn and open. Stop your feet and ground into your body. Dance your feelings out. This can literally be life changing !!
9. Make sure to connect with yourself because this is how we connect to everyone and everything else. The more you are connected to yourself, the more you are able to connect with others and the beautiful life around you. Join the THE WOMEN’S TRIBE, for free emails by FOLLOWING THE BLOG for rituals and journal prompts to self-connect and feed that beautiful soul. I love, and need sacred art or journaling as part of my self connecting. I crave it, deep reflection and soul exploring stuff. www.womenshealingandspirituality.com
As this holiday season approaches and life gets even busier, let’s promise each other to take time to slow down and feed our souls. It is ESSENTIAL to our health. I have been spinning, wayyyyy too fast on the busyness train and I’m choosing to get off before my health crashes.
I hope you slow down and soak in your beautiful life.