At the end of every year, I feel like I get another chance to refocus my energy. Each New Year feels like an energetic fresh new slate. And in preparation of the new slate, I usually cleanse out the energy of my home and release the energy of the past year. I let go of things I no longer need, have out grown and make space for new life and new energy to enter.
Here are some ways to prepare the energy in your home and close the energy of this year.
- Clean out your closets. Go through your clothes and remove all the ones you don’t wear. Donate what you no longer need. This goes for your pantry and linen closets as well.
- Go through your email and clean it up. Delete, delete, delete… what you no longer need! I recently did this and unsubscribed to a truck load of sites as it was simply clogging up my email accounts. It was so freeing. I had 3000 emails, now I have fewer than 50. I also created folders and categorized and filed emails that I need to hang on to.
- I know, I know it’s kind of the last thing you want to do but cleanse out the old dirt of the year. Vacuum, wash the floors and if you can allow a fresh breeze of air to flow through your home. It’s winter here, snow, ice, freezing, but I still open the windows to allow the winter breeze to fly through and cleanse out what is there, even for a few brief moments.
- Clean your entrance and doorway. Wipe the door, wash the floor, re-arrange furniture, put away the pile that gets stored at the entrance. Sweep out the floor and old energy and allow new energy and prosperity to enter. You’ll feel the effects instantly!!
- Go through paper work that needs to be filed or thrown out. Get organized. Burn what you no longer need and feel the old releasing in the flames.
- Clean out your purse and wallet. Make sure receipts are not filed in the place you store your money. That is a no-no. Do not place bills where money is suppose to flow.
- Remove all your garbage and recycling from your home. If you’re like us and live in the sticks make a trip to the dump and recycling depot. If you live in town or city just try and place it outside or garage until it can be picked up but before the New Year. I even dropped off an old and broken printer at an e- recycling station. I’ve been meaning to do this for a year!
Clearing out the old is so refreshing may you enjoy the new space and energy that comes with releasing and cleansing out the old. 🙂
- As an additional note, List some of your challenges this year and the gifts they offered. Write about 2015 highlights and joys. As you reflect on your writing, really soak it into your heart.
Now, we are ready to welcome in the energy of 2016. It’s so exciting. Look for a New Year Ritual & Reflection Exercise to come in the next day or so.
If you feel called, do feel free to Follow the Blog. I’d be so honored 🙂
Blessings and bad-ass, radical joy friends 🙂