New Year’s is a time filled with many rituals and traditions in a vast number of cultures to welcome the New Year with good energy, wealth and health. New Year’s is like a time of renewal and rebirth…a new slate. So here are some ways to close the energy of the past and invite new prosperous, healthy and flowing energies into your home and life.
1) An old Pagan tradition is clearing out your entrance way. Vacuum or sweep up any old negative energy, negative thoughts, or stagnant energy. Clean the floor too with some vinegar, sage oil if you can as you mop it. Imagine sweeping the room clean of anything that is not of love, not of light and send it outside. Only positive, uplifting, flowing energy may come through your home. They say to leave the broom across the door to seal out the negativity at least overnight or until the first visitor comes. Note that they say you should sweep before January 1st, before midnight as anything after that would be clearing away good luck.
2) In Spain, people eat 12 grapes, one each at the stroke of midnight to signify good luck for the next 12 months. It is said that that some people through the grapes in their wine to represent the last twelve months and the twelve to come. As midnight strikes they eat them as quickly as possible one at a time from their wine glass and make a wish.
3) In the Philippines round shapes are celebrated as they are thought as symbolic to coins and abundance. They suggest placing an abundance of round fruit on your tables to welcome prosperity. And for those 80s girls, get out your polka dots as wearing polka dots are also said to bring good luck in their tradition.
4) Clean out your purse ladies. Men clean out your wallets. Throw out old receipts or paper you no longer need. Make sure to keep the slot where you keep your bills clean and free of any receipts as it blocks the flow of money. Invite in prosperity while clearing out the old.
5) Pay off any debts or bills you can before the New Year. If you owe someone money pay them back.
6) Cleaning the house before New Years is a good way to clear any old, stagnant energy. While you are cleaning, think of clearing old energy out and inviting wealth and health in. Open doors and windows if you can even just for moments to clear out the old energy. You may want to check out my article How to Be a Bad-Ass Goddess While You Mop Your Floors for an energy clearing mopping recipe.
7) A good ol’ sage clearing in the house. Be sure to open a window or door to let out any of the negativity and old energy. Make sure to get int the nooks and crannies and corners.
8) Make a mini altar on your kitchen table. Fill it with large bowl or plate of round fruits, pomegranates, apples, oranges, grapefruit, grapes etc. Light some candles. Get another giant bowl and get your family to write at least 3 wishes each for 2015. Place it in the bowl and eat a grape for each wish. Grab hands and form a circle of energy and send your wishes to the sky and the earth.
Enjoy the New Year and may it be filled with prosperity, joy and good health.
Be sure to add your email and FOLLOW THE BLOG to ensure you get all the Women’s Tribe soul nourishment goodies, rituals and sacred art activities. Happy New Year Friends!
Join The Feed Your Feminine Soul Group and become part of our Sacred Circle and Community who inspire, encourage and gather together in person and online. Join the Women’s Tribe Facebook Page to stay posted on upcoming events and info as well.